Is it possible to change PF name?

• Thread starter Valour549
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user requesting to change their username on the forum. They apologize for posting in the wrong section and ask if it is possible to change their username. The forum administrator responds by saying it can be done but must be done manually and may not always be allowed. The conversation ends with a humorous comment about the forum administrator accidentally banning someone.
Valour549
Question as per title.

I apologize if I posted in the wrong section but this seems to be the most appropriate sub-forum to ask this question.

Not that I don't love physics, but I made this account ages ago, and I'm wanting to standardize my user-name across all the forums I visit.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,

I want to also standardize my account name across other accounts please.

So could I please change my user-name from Conal Henry to "henrco".

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
PM with the name you'd like it changed to
Is it that easy to change username? Then why not make it available as one of the forum's features?

Likes henrco
maNoFchangE said:
Is it that easy to change username? Then why not make it available as one of the forum's features?

My guess would be because they don't want men of change abusing the privilege :redface:

maNoFchangE said:

Thank you!

I just saw that my user-name was updated.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
maNoFchangE said:
I have to do it manually, so if I'm in a bad mood, sometimes my hand slips and I click the ban button. :biggrin:

Likes Xico Sim, CrazyNinja and henrco
Greg Bernhardt said:
I have to do it manually, so if I'm in a bad mood, sometimes my hand slips and I click the ban button. :biggrin:
BOFH :nb)

Likes DrClaude

1. Can I change my PF name?

Yes, it is possible to change your PF (Provident Fund) name. However, it can only be done under certain circumstances and with proper documentation.

2. What are the circumstances under which I can change my PF name?

The most common circumstances are in case of a clerical error in the name, change of name due to marriage or divorce, or change of gender.

3. How do I change my PF name due to a clerical error?

You will need to submit a request to your employer along with supporting documents such as your birth certificate, passport, or any other government-issued ID that contains the correct name. Once approved, your PF name will be updated.

4. How can I change my PF name after getting married or divorced?

You will need to submit a request to your employer along with your marriage certificate or divorce decree as proof of the name change. Your employer will then update your PF name accordingly.

5. Is there a specific time frame within which I need to change my PF name?

Yes, it is recommended to change your PF name as soon as possible to avoid any discrepancies in your records. Generally, it is advisable to make the change within 6 months of the name change.