Is it possible to change my forum name?

• Complaint
  • Thread starter Teabreeze
  • Start date
Teabreeze" and "Logical Dog" respectively.In summary, the conversation revolves around the request to change screen names on a website. One user made a mistake during registration and wants their name changed to "Teabreeze" while another user wants to change their name to "Logical Dog" as they believe their current username is scaring people away. The request is made to an individual with authority to change usernames and both requests are granted.
Teabreeze
Hi,

Is it possible to change my screen name to "Teabreeze" on the site?

I'd appreciate it very much. Made a mistake when registering. lol

Physics news on Phys.org
Awesome! ty

Please change my name to ADDA

Adam Bryant Been said:
Please change my name to ADDA
Are you sure you want ADD in your new username? :smile:

Hello.

Is it possible to change my name to Logical Dog? I think this name is bad and scaring people away. :/

berkeman said:
Are you sure you want ADD in your new username? :smile:

reality

http://www.adda.org/

or my imagination: analog digital design.

And yes, if you have the authority, would you please change my name.

Paging @Greg Bernhardt ...

He'll probably see this soon, now that I've tagged him. For others who may be interested in doing this, it's probably best to contact him directly. In the menu at the top of the page, choose "My PF", then "Conversations", then click the "Start a New Conversation" button. Enter his name in the "Participants" field.

Likes berkeman and Logical Dog
Both usernames are updated

Likes Logical Dog

1. Can I change my forum name?

Yes, it is possible to change your forum name.

2. How do I change my forum name?

The process for changing your forum name may vary depending on the specific forum platform you are using. In most cases, you can edit your profile settings to change your displayed forum name.

3. Will changing my forum name affect my past posts and interactions?

It is likely that your past posts and interactions will still be associated with your old forum name, but your new name will be displayed going forward.

4. Are there any restrictions on what I can change my forum name to?

Some forum platforms may have guidelines or restrictions on what names are acceptable. It is best to check the platform's terms of use or community guidelines for more information.

5. Can I change my forum name multiple times?

This also depends on the forum platform you are using. Some may allow you to change your name multiple times, while others may have limitations on how often you can change it. It is best to check with the platform for their specific policies.