Is it possible to conserve gravity ?

• Thread starter ANTBLE989
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gravity
In summary, "conservation of gravity" is not a well-defined concept in physics. While there are known conservation laws for energy, charge, and other quantities, "gravity" itself is not a specific quantity that can be conserved. It is a theory or interaction, not a number or mathematical quantity. However, some may argue that the product of G (gravitational constant) and m (mass) is a conserved quantity, and gravity is considered a conservative force.
ANTBLE989
Is it possible to conserve gravity ??

If mass is from gravity and that mass is a form of energy which ..both the mass and the energy ..can be conserve ..then can the gravity also be conserve.??

How can you tell that a certain variable is conserved?

Physics news on Phys.org

Yes. I'm conserving my gravity all the time.

ANTBLE989 said:

If mass is from gravity and that mass is a form of energy which ..both the mass and the energy ..can be conserve ..then can the gravity also be conserve.??

How can you tell that a certain variable is conserved?

"Conservation of gravity" is not something which has a clear meaning (or any meaning at all in fact) in known physics. There is, as you say, conservation of energy, or mass-energy if you want, conservation of charge, and still a lot of other conservation laws, but "conservation of gravity" doesn't seem to make much sense.
The reason for that is that "conservation" means something very precise in physics: it means that a quantity remains "the same" (or equivalent) for a given system if that system evolves over time. However, "gravity" is not a specific quantity. It is an entire theory, or an interaction if you want to. It is not a number, or another mathematical quantity such as a vector. So one wouldn't really know what it would mean, if "gravity were conserved", except in a kind of colloquial way like "the theory of gravity is conserved over the centuries" or something of the kind.

I think by "gravity" he means specifically G x m, which is as far as anyone can tell, a conserved quantity.

yes if there is gravity field it would be conserved, makes sense to me

Well, gravity is a conservative force. The only force I can think of that isn' conservative is friction.

1. Is it possible to create artificial gravity?

No, it is not currently possible to create artificial gravity. Gravity is a fundamental force that is created by the mass of an object. We do not have the technology to artificially manipulate gravity.

2. Can we conserve gravity?

No, we cannot conserve gravity. Gravity is a fundamental force that is always present and cannot be created or destroyed.

3. Is gravity the same everywhere in the universe?

No, gravity is not the same everywhere in the universe. The strength of gravity depends on the mass of the object and the distance between objects. Therefore, gravity can vary in different locations in the universe.

4. Can gravity be turned off?

No, gravity cannot be turned off. As a fundamental force, gravity is always present and cannot be manipulated or turned off.

5. Does conservation of energy apply to gravity?

Yes, conservation of energy does apply to gravity. This means that the total energy of a system will remain constant, even if energy is transferred between kinetic energy and potential energy due to changes in gravity.