Is it time to rethink our reliance on oil?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter slugcountry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Oil
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
slugcountry
Well it finally happened. I'm still going to be driving my car around though, as there's no adequate and timely public transport to get me to and from where I need to go.

Still you would think somethings got to give.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
According to Newsweek, the Honda Civic Diesel get 55 mpg in combined highway and city driving, which is 5 mpg better than their gasoline powered hybrid. The price of biodiesel is about $3.00 a gallon in the US.
 
My Mariner hybrid still averages 33+ MPG (DLMG)!

DLMG = Driving Like My Grandma
 
I don't know what my 1.2L Citroen diesel did 10years ago - I can't remember ever having to fill it up!
 
slugcountry said:
Well it finally happened. I'm still going to be driving my car around though, as there's no adequate and timely public transport to get me to and from where I need to go.

Still you would think somethings got to give.

Too bad. They have pretty good public transportation here at Florida State/Tallahassee, 100% free for students. I haven't owned a car in three years and have probably saved over a thousand dollars in gas money.
 
Looks like Cheney'll be celebrating. We have a Civic Hybrid, its pretty cool.