Is it worth buying a home soda carbonation machine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Home Machines
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
24,696
Reaction score
9,093
I am in the market for a soda machine and/or pop machine.

I drink diet cola and my wife drinks Perrier (though I may switch to straight soda). We're figuring it would be cost effective as well as more convenient to get our own machine - if they work.

Does anyone have any experience or advice?
Does anyone know where I might read some reviews of machines to determine which will suit our needs?

My concerns are:
1] Is it cost-competitive? (doesn't have to be cheaper, as long as it's not outrageously more expensive)
2] Do they work? Do they actually carbonize the water? Is their carbonized water comparable to bottled carbonated bevys? Or do they go flat faster for some reason?

P.S. as a Canadian, 'soda' and 'pop' are distinct things. 'Soda' specifically refers to soda water.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
I like the first one, but not the second one. The third one's right out.
:biggrin:

Less talking, more penguin.