Is log(log(1+1/r)) in L^N(B(0,1))?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Palindrom
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Palindrom
Messages
263
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Ok, so we're in R^N, and we're looking at the unit ball. I want to prove that the function g(x)=log(log(1+1/r)) is in L^N of the unit ball, where r=|x|.
I also want to prove that its partial derivative are there, but like we say here, one cow at a time.:smile:


Homework Equations


None, really.


The Attempt at a Solution


Well, I don't remember if it's true, but maybe if xf(x) tends to zero when x tends to zero and f>0, then its integral is finite? I could then try and use it on |g|^N...
Any help would be immensly appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What does L^N of the unit ball in R^N mean? If it means Lp(B^N), where B^N is the unit ball in R^N, and Lp(X) is the space of complex valued functions on X whose magnitude to the pth power is integrable, p>=1, then:

Two steps:
1. show (log(x))^p<x for all p>=1, all x>N, some N depending on p.
2. show log(1+1/r) is integrable
 
Last edited: