Is Momentum and Kinetic Energy Conserved in Collisions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Habibrobert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Collisions Lab
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Habibrobert
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am stuck on the last page of my physics post lab. The lab was on elastic, super elastic and inelastic collisions. The point of the lab is to see whether or not momentum and kinetic energy is conserved during each scenario.

I'm pretty sure that in the elastic and super elastic collisions momentum and kinetic energy is conserved.

I know that kinetic energy is not conserved in a inelastic collision.

Could someone please check my work and let me know if I am doing everything correct?

Many Thanks
 
Attachments
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.48.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.48.10 PM.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 512
Physics news on Phys.org
Your numbers look really strange. Judging from the questions, you should have no numbers much above 1, and the Pf/Pi ratio should be close to 1. Maybe I misguess what these numbers represent. How about describing the experiment?