Is Montreal Unique Among Canadian Cities?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Canada Rest
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
44 replies · 7K views
JasonRox said:
If the US is so great, why does everyone complain?
People complain everywhere, moron. If you don't like it, stay out. Nobody cares about your opinion here, I assure you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ok this is getting rediculous, obviously no one that says Amarica is number 1 has ever lived in Canada, and vice versa, you are all ignorant of the other side, i have lived in both countries, i prefer Canada, we both have our advantages and disadvantages

now its just time to stop this bull****, no one is ever going to win
 
i_wish_i_was_smart said:
ok this is getting rediculous, obviously no one that says Amarica is number 1 has ever lived in Canada, and vice versa, you are all ignorant of the other side, i have lived in both countries, i prefer Canada, we both have our advantages and disadvantages

now its just time to stop this bull****, no one is ever going to win
So you expect me to sit silent while some idiot Canadian spouts off about how great he thinks his country is (that is, if Montreal is even part of Canada in the next few years) and how terrible the US is? I've been to Canada and I couldn't wait to leave. Terrible place, unfriendly people.
 
your just doing the same ****ing thing you dumbass, you just happen to say the other point of view, besides this is WAY off topic
 
i_wish_i_was_smart said:
your just doing the same ****ing thing you dumbass, you just happen to say the other point of view, besides this is WAY off topic
Maybe you should blame your buddy that, since I don't see what the cost of the underfunded falling apart Canadian "healthcare" system has to do with Montreal vs. the rest of Canada
 
who said he was my buddy
MAYBE you should just shut up, cause whatever you say isn't getting either of us anywhere
 
fourier jr said:
check this quote out, from a "Canadian hero", our 1st French-Canadian Prime Minister:
"You must not take the Militia seriously, for though it is useful for suppressing internal differences, it will not be required for the defence of the country, as the Monroe Doctrine [proclaiming US military hegemony in the Americas] protects us against enemy aggression." - Wilfred Laurier, PM 1896-1911



isn't that the most pathetic thing you've ever heard? Laurier inviting an American invasion if we get invaded. & this is one of the "good guys" in Canadian history...

Yeah, really. Get your own military.

what small government? Bush has been giving out huge subsidies to the military contractors, which is indirectly a huge subsidy to high-tech industry, biggest deficit ever by a long shot, telling gays/lesbians they can't get married, etc etc. that's all big-government stuff. i don't know where Americans get the idea that they've got small government... :confused:

Please reread the post. I was specifically talking about my local (town)government. :rolleyes:
 
JasonRox said:
If the US is so great, why does everyone complain?

I'm not complaining. :smile: The one's complaining are probably looking for a handout.

There are more people trying to get into this country than trying to leave, what's that tell ya.
 
I think Canada should join USA anyway.In some ways Canada already is absorbed into the USA.
 
tumor said:
I think Canada should join USA anyway.

well I think you should get sent to a psychiatric prison for thinking that. i wonder if you agree with (defence minister) bill graham, who thinks NAFTA should be expanded to include social policy. i wonder how you would like it if we had the KKK (currently a terrorist organisation) & NRA & gun nuts everywhere :rolleyes:


You're right about Canada being absorbed economically and politically though, as Clayton Yeutter predicted in 1987, but it's not like it can't be reversed.
 
Last edited:
Jeeez! maybe I do have tumor on my brain? what was I thinking. :blushing:
Yeah! right! Canada does not have racist freaks,just go for a ride 50 miles out of any big city and you see racist yahoos and hillbillies (not with guns I agree) but with baseball bats.
By the way our social policy is slowly dismantled to conform to the USA "standarts".
 
sure we have our racist and what not freaks, but you hardly ever hear of hate crimes, mostly its just people joking about other races, we don't take it as far as you do.
now why doesn't the US just change its name to Canada, we already engolf you in our enormous size(it makes as much sense as what you stated)
and more people are trying to get in america because they are filled with the false sense that it will sop there misery, so they sell everything they own, move there, in a matter of months are broke and can't leave because they have no money to go back, I've heard many testamonies
 
All i have to say is describe i the following image

just think about it
 
Alright let's take it easy guys.

Let's get back on topic.

Note: I'm an idiot just like everyone else, so let's drop it now. I don't want a flame war.

EDIT: Montreal is the international comedy centre. All the top stand-up comedians got there. When I say international, I mean comedians from all over the world. Most people think this refers to the people they heard about, but that is not the case here. You get Irish people making Irish jokes, etc...