Is Photographic Memory a Myth? Take the Test and Find Out!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mentalist
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Memory Test
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
GRRRRR, I had almost completed the test and selected the option to "zoom in" and it restarted the test! I'll try agin later after I'm not angry anymore. I don't believe that I have short term ediectic memory anyway.
 
I scored 10%. Meaning I only got the first and easiest one right. They suggest I may not have this ability.
 
I scored 0%. But I do have a pornographic memory.
 
I got 40% - and an error connecting to the server so I couldn't see which ones I got right. I suspect the first four, since I think I was using rapid memorisation techniques rather than any intuitive ability to just "see a difference".
 
I'm not very confident about my short term memory's ability to ... uh, what were we talking about?
 
10% on the first try, 70% on the 2nd. looking for changes to the biggest continuous block of white squares (& mostly ignoring the rest) seemed to work pretty well on the 2nd try. I don't know if that's cheating or what but those 10x10 squares were too much to take in in such a short time.
 
Last edited:
There is a bit of a learning curve to this. I only got 10% the first time 40% the second.
 
fourier jr said:
10% on the first try, 70% on the 2nd. looking for changes to the biggest continuous block of white squares (& mostly ignoring the rest) seemed to work pretty well on the 2nd try.

LOL I tried to keep up with changes in the two biggest blocks of white squares.
 
I also got a server error, but then it said my score was 20%. I was surprised, I was expecting 0%.
 
20% but I think it's because I typed the wrong number a few times. Could that test have been any more boring?
 
Got to question 4 or so and quit. 0% and I couldn't even attempt to guess any of them. Literally had no idea.
 
I've been wanting to take this test but forgot where I saw it.
 
I thought it was common knowledge that photographic memory is a myth?