1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prob/Stats Is Probability by David Morin a good book?

Tags:
  1. Mar 15, 2017 #1
    I had taken probability before but not in depth and I want to learn it again. Is David Morin's book good for a intermediate learner ? I don't want to waste time on easy stuff.

The reviews are good but popular science books tend to omit proofs instead they just state the theorems and have easy problems. I don't want to buy a book like that rather I would like to have a book that is rigorous and have hard problems.

Is David Morin's book fits my criteria ?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2017 #2
    Problem solved.

I can tell you that you will waste time on easy stuff with that book, considering you are an intermediate learner. It even seems popular science but it has some challenging problems. I'd rather try another book.

4. Mar 20, 2017 #3
    Which book you suggest about probability ?

5. Mar 21, 2017 #4
    A First Look at Rigorous Probability Theory 2e by Jeffrey S. Rosenthal is probably more your speed. It's the most introductory text I know of on measure theoretic probability theory. It does assume you know everything about probability that's normally taught in an undergraduate intro to statistics course.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted