Is "Quantum Physics for Dummies" a good textbook for starting QP?

In summary, the individual has been reading about Quantum Mechanics for years and is now looking to purchase a textbook to improve their understanding of the math. They are 15 years old and have a working knowledge of Derivatives, Integrals, and Vectors. They are seeking recommendations for a good textbook, and a suggested resource is the free PDF link provided as an excellent introduction to QM.
AdvaitDhingra
I've been reading about Quantum Mechanics for years now and I think it's time I bought a textbook and really learned the math. I'm 15 y.o. and have a working understanding of Derivitives, Integrals and Vectors. Is this textbook a good one to start with or is it too complex? Which one would you recommend for my case?

Here is the Texbook in question: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1118460820/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Physics news on Phys.org
AdvaitDhingra said:
I've been reading about Quantum Mechanics for years now and I think it's time I bought a textbook and really learned the math. I'm 15 y.o. and have a working understanding of Derivitives, Integrals and Vectors. Is this textbook a good one to start with or is it too complex? Which one would you recommend for my case?

Here is the Texbook in question: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1118460820/?tag=pfamazon01-20
I don't know that book. You could take a look at this for free:

https://physics.mq.edu.au/~jcresser/Phys304/Handouts/QuantumPhysicsNotes.pdf

Which I think is an excellent introduction to QM.

Likes vanhees71 and AdvaitDhingra

1. Is "Quantum Physics for Dummies" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Quantum Physics for Dummies" is specifically designed for beginners and does not require any prior knowledge of quantum physics.

2. Does "Quantum Physics for Dummies" cover all important topics in quantum physics?

While "Quantum Physics for Dummies" covers many important topics in quantum physics, it may not cover all advanced or specialized topics. It is a good starting point for beginners, but further reading may be necessary for a more comprehensive understanding.

3. Is "Quantum Physics for Dummies" easy to understand?

Yes, the book is written in a clear and concise manner, making it easy to understand for beginners. It also includes helpful diagrams and examples to aid in comprehension.

4. Can "Quantum Physics for Dummies" be used as a textbook for a college course?

While "Quantum Physics for Dummies" can be a helpful supplement for a college course, it may not cover all the material required for a college-level course. It is best used as a starting point for beginners or for self-study.

5. Are there any prerequisites for reading "Quantum Physics for Dummies"?

No, there are no prerequisites for reading "Quantum Physics for Dummies." It is designed for beginners with no prior knowledge of quantum physics.