Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is schwarzschild radius, where the whormholes could be made?

1. Dec 23, 2013 #1
    Comment, discuss and explain please.
    Thanka

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2013 #2

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

There's not much to discuss really. Write down the Schwarzschild metric in Kruskal coordinates so that you get both event horizons (the one in region II and the one in region III), take a ##V = \text{const.}##, ##\theta = \frac{\pi}{2}## slice of the Schwarzschild metric in Kruskal coordinates, and embed the resulting 2-manifold into ##\mathbb{R}^{3}##. The resulting embedding diagram will be a dynamic wormhole whose mouth closes before any time-like worldline or null geodesic can pass through it using classical energy methods.

4. Dec 23, 2013 #3
    Sorry, but I really didn't get any of except the last where you said its mouth closes so quickly that nothing will be able to pass through it.
    Im not a physics student but I study about it and this question just popped in my mind, could be more clear about the idea.
    Thanks

5. Dec 23, 2013 #4

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook