Is the IU East BA in Natural Science Worth Pursuing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gimblestitch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Natural Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Gimblestitch
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Greetings,

I see that Indiana University East offers the new titular degree with a concentration in mathematics. Is anyone in this program? Is a B. A. degree worth having?

Thanks,

Gimblestitch
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Gimblestitch said:
Greetings,

I see that Indiana University East offers the new titular degree with a concentration in mathematics. Is anyone in this program? Is a B. A. degree worth having?

Thanks,

Gimblestitch

There's nothing wrong with a B.A degree, that said this B.A degree seems like an associates degree more than a bachelors. The level of math is quite weak.
 
Gimblestitch said:
Thanks. Are you in that program?

Nope, just checked the courses required.
 
okay. I was a maths major there several years ago, but got tired of proofs~
 
Gimblestitch said:
okay. I was a maths major there several years ago, but got tired of proofs~

You probably have all the Math done then, other than math models. It looks like a really unfocused and weak degree from the course schedule, I wouldn't recommend it.