Extra emphasis to what turbo said. At this level of camera, the overall quality of each may be equivalent, but each has different strengths. You'll have a hard time finding a compact digital that's good at everything. But, if you match your camera to the type of pictures you expect to take, you're going to wind up with a very good deal for you personally.
Things to consider:
1) Do you want telephoto lenses or wide angle lenses? Not many at this level support extra lenses, but some do. They cost extra, but that capability is there if you shoot a lot of pictures of scenery, such as mountains, etc.
2) Do you want to take action photographs? Even trying to photograph kids can be considered action photos when you start looking at how slow the response time on some cameras are.
3) Do you need a camera that can withstand a rugged lifestyle? The camera you're considering would be a good one in that case.
Probably several other things to consider when trying to match your photography needs to a camera.
Set up your priorities, narrow your choices based on your top priorities, then among the survivors, narrow your choices by your second priority, etc.
For example, I have a Nikon Coolpix P5000. This is great for the pictures I normally take in the mountains and I even have a telephoto lens for it. It's a very frustrating camera when taking photographs of moving objects. You can do it by technique (half pressing the button until you actually want to take the picture and then pushing the button the rest of the way), but it's very hard to take rapid pictures of moving objects. (In fact, they came out with the P5100 less than a year later to speed the camera up at least a little, even if it's still slow).
While I like my camera, if I tended to take a lot of action photos, I'd be severely disappointed - or maybe I'd have mastered the technique better, except that would be pointless since I could have found a much faster camera that would be much easier to master. Meaning you need more than whether other people like a certain kind of camera or not. You have to know what they use it for, as well.