Is there a difference between

• Thread starter Pattonias
  • Start date
Physics news on Phys.org

Pattonias said:
I noticed that on the latter I was not automatically signed in.

I would bet that you used the "Remember me" feature when you signed in at www. but not when you signed in at http://

Your browser stores this sign-in information by URL and is not smart enough to know that those are the same sites.

Ah, I hadn't even considered that. That is def what happened.

It does cause a problem sometimes when you are logged in as "www." and click on a link that is "http://" .[/URL] Well, only if you want to reply to the "http://" link where you would have to sign in again or reload it with the www added. Also you will get the ads if you're gold, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Is there a difference between a scientist and a researcher?

Yes, there is a difference between a scientist and a researcher. While both may engage in similar activities such as conducting experiments and analyzing data, a scientist typically has a more formal education and works within a specific field of study, while a researcher can come from various backgrounds and may focus on a specific topic or question.

2. What is the difference between a hypothesis and a theory?

A hypothesis is an educated guess or prediction about a phenomenon, while a theory is a well-supported and tested explanation for a natural phenomenon. A theory is generally considered to be more comprehensive and reliable than a hypothesis.

3. Is there a difference between accuracy and precision?

Yes, there is a difference between accuracy and precision. Accuracy refers to how close a measurement is to the true value, while precision refers to how close multiple measurements are to each other. It is possible to have precise measurements that are not accurate, and vice versa.

4. What is the difference between a control group and an experimental group?

A control group is a group in an experiment that does not receive the experimental treatment and is used as a baseline for comparison. An experimental group is a group that receives the experimental treatment being tested. The difference between the two groups allows researchers to determine the effects of the experimental treatment.

5. Does the difference in sample size affect the validity of a study?

The difference in sample size can affect the validity of a study. A larger sample size generally provides more accurate and representative results, while a smaller sample size may be more prone to bias and may not accurately reflect the population being studied. However, the size of the sample alone should not be the only factor in determining the validity of a study.