Is there a library for the Gibson-Ashby model in Abaqus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Muro35
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Abaqus Model
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 2K views
Muro35
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
TL;DR
Gibson-Ashby model, Polyurethane foam, mechanical properties
Hello together,

I need help for my bachelor thesis. We want to simulate the mechanical properties of polyurethane foam using the Gibson-Ashby model in Abaqus. So I would like to know if there is a library or something similar for Abaqus. I'm fairly new to Abaqus and the Gibson-Ashboy model, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Muro35
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Check the Abaqus Theory Guide chapter "Models for crushable foams" and see if these models fit your needs.
 
Two duplicate threads merged into one
Hello together,

I would like to simulate a tensile test of a polyurethane sample in Abaqus for my bachelor thesis. I will use a Gibson-Ashby material model, assuming that the material will behave linearly elastic. Accordingly, I wanted to use the UMAT subroutine, but unfortunately I can't get it to run.
After I start the job, I get the error "Problem during compilation". Visual Studion 2015 and the Fortran compiler are installed.

Can you help me further ? Thank you and best regards

Muro35
 
Setup for Abaqus subroutines is quite tricky, check if you can run any analyses with subroutines included in the documentation chapter Verification --> User Subroutines --> User subroutine verification.