1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is there much difference between these 2 books by F.Reif?

1. Jan 3, 2013 #1
    Hey all!
    I was hoping if you could make some suggestions regarding the following:

I am thinking of buying "Fundamentals of Statistical and Thermal Physics" by F.Reif, as it is the recommended book for Statistical Mechanics in my department, where I am doing M.Sc in Physics.
    But I already have "Statistical Physics: Berkeley Physics Course in SI Units (Volume - 5)" by F.Reif.
    So, my question is there: Is there a substantial difference between the coverage/level-of-coverage between these two books; or are they more less the same? Should I consider buying "Fundamentals of Statistical and Thermal Physics" by F.Reif?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2013 #2
    here is something written about the "Fundamentals of Statistical and Thermal Physics".

As I only used the Berkeley Physics Course Text and read "Fundamentals of Statistical and Thermal Physics" only once in library, it seems more advanced.Also Berkeley Physics Course is an Introductory Text.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook