Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ivan Brew up another pot of Coffee

1. Jan 28, 2006 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's Good for you!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2006 #2
    Er, those reports always change every time the wind blows. All that caffeine cant be good for you. I remember they said drink wine, no dont drink wine, yea drink wine, no drink grape juice, no dont drink gape juice drink wine. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

4. Jan 28, 2006 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Meanwhile.. I think I'll have another cup of coffee!

5. Jan 28, 2006 #4
    I just heard that drinking gasoline cures colon cancer! Glug Glug Glug .. ;-P Coffee tastes nasty! I get my caffeine from mountain dew.

6. Jan 28, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Which new studies reveal can cure cancer and AIDS!!

7. Jan 28, 2006 #6
    AHAHAHAH
    its bad for you
    http://www.webmd.com/content/article/107/108583.htm

its good for you!
    http://www.webmd.com/content/article/80/96454.htm

its bad for you!
    http://www.webmd.com/content/article/29/1728_67389.htm

its good for you!

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/108/108802.htm

Hey, smoking is good for you now too!

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/23/1728_57199.htm

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

from webmd. Doctors, what a BS job they have. Cough, ok your fine, that will be $150 bucks please!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  8. Jan 28, 2006 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

9. Jan 28, 2006 #8

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The original Mountian Dew was drinkable, but they have ruined it with the new chemicals. Go start a Mountian Dew.. Is it still the same color? .. thread.
    What do you mean coffee is nasty! This is a thread for coffee lovers so obviouly your input is spurious. :zzz:

10. Jan 28, 2006 #9

In your dreams! You just cant handle mountain dew so you have to resort to your weaker coffee! coffee just smells good. :biggrin:

11. Jan 28, 2006 #10

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

According to this source, coffee contains substaintially more caffein then Mt. Dew. I tend to stronger coffee, so a single 12oz mug of my coffee is like between 3 & 4 bottles of Mt. P** I mean Dew.

edit:
    I keep forgetting the implied smilies!

12. Jan 28, 2006 #11
    Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's no longer an addiction, it's a healthy habit!

13. Jan 28, 2006 #12
    Man, do you get the shakes if you dont get ur hit of coffee? Thats an insane amount of caffeine. I don't drink caffeine because it lowers your creatine levels in your muscles.

P.S. The origional montain dew was from 1964! I bet you had to use a bottle opener for that! I guess things were different in the days before aluminum cans and plastic bottles. :biggrin:

14. Jan 28, 2006 #13

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I do not understand what you mean by not getting my hit??? Why would I not start the day with a pot of coffee? Is life possible without coffee? :confused: (Black for me, none of those buffering fats and sugars, give to me straight!) One pound of whole beans lasts me about 3 weeks so I am not reallly that heavy a drinker. 3-4 cups to start the day another cup or 2 to get me through the night. (I work nights)

EDIT:
    Yes it was 1964, I had a morning paper route, the new pop showed up in the pop machine at the local gas station. Yes, it was in green bottles, yes, it required a bottle opener, yes it was good.

15. Jan 28, 2006 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

How do you freaks drink so much of anything. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

16. Jan 28, 2006 #15
    Who needs caffeine? I have actually never drank any coffee. In fact, about 4 years ago I started drinking nothing but water, over those 4 years I have had maybe 6 drinks (~1 glass each) that were not water.

17. Jan 28, 2006 #16
    I don't usually drink coffee because sometimes it makes my stomach hurt. But the last two days I drank a large coffee from starbucks because I needed help staying awake during a test. Man, I went through the day like a humming bird.

18. Jan 28, 2006 #17

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cafe has been verdy verdy good, to me.

Since I have a variation on type I diabetes that could change to type II anytime, I think I'll have another fine cup of coffee. :biggrin:

19. Jan 28, 2006 #18
    Have fun getting fat.

20. Jan 28, 2006 #19

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I don't know about back in the plank era or whenever all you were born:biggrin:, but I know that in todays world, Mountain Dew has to be the most disgusting band of soda out there today!!! Yuck:yuck:

21. Jan 28, 2006 #20
    I think it tastes good, but it has to be SO damn bad for you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?