Javascript library for QM calculations

In summary, the conversation is about finding a good javascript library for developing technically accurate animations. The speaker mentions their preference for things to happen in the browser and their interest in using linear algebra and numerical integration with operators. They also mention the need to represent results in numbers and calculate expectation values. Lastly, the speaker mentions their wish for a library that can generate random samples according to a distribution function. The recommended resources are P5js.org and numjs, both of which have libraries for animations and are functionally similar to numpy.
Swamp Thing
Insights Author
Does anyone know of a good library in javascript that would help to develop technically accurate animations? I know there is stuff in python, but I'd like things to happen in the browser.

Apart from linear algebra with complex valued matrices and vectors, I'd like to have things like numerical integration with operators inside the integrand, e.g.
##\int d\omega~f(\omega)~a^\dagger(\omega) ~|\psi\rangle##

Come to think of it, how would one actually represent that result in numbers?
Anyway, finally I would need to calculate expectation values based on that kind of integral, after applying some measurement operator to it.

Another thing on my wish list would be to generate random samples according to a distribution function.

Technology news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Your best bet would be to checkout P5js.org

They have a support library for animations.

And there numjs that is functionally similar to numpy

https://github.com/nicolaspanel/numjs

Thank you --- I will look at these two resources.

1. What is a Javascript library for QM calculations?

A Javascript library for QM calculations is a collection of pre-written code that allows for the simulation of quantum mechanical systems using the Javascript programming language. It provides functions and algorithms for performing calculations and analyzing results.

2. How does a Javascript library for QM calculations work?

A Javascript library for QM calculations works by implementing mathematical models and algorithms that are used in quantum mechanics. These models and algorithms are translated into code, allowing for the simulation of quantum mechanical systems and the calculation of various properties.

3. What are the benefits of using a Javascript library for QM calculations?

Using a Javascript library for QM calculations can greatly simplify the process of simulating and analyzing quantum mechanical systems. It can also help to save time and effort by providing pre-written code and functions for common calculations. Additionally, it allows for the integration of QM calculations into web applications and other Javascript-based projects.

4. Are there any popular Javascript libraries for QM calculations?

Yes, there are several popular Javascript libraries for QM calculations, including QuTiP.js, QuantumJS, and Q.js. These libraries offer a wide range of features and capabilities, and are frequently updated and maintained by their respective developers.

5. Can a Javascript library for QM calculations be used for educational purposes?

Yes, a Javascript library for QM calculations can be a valuable tool for learning about quantum mechanics. It can be used to simulate and visualize various quantum systems, allowing for a more hands-on approach to understanding this complex field of science.