Johnny Nash Dies: Singer of "I Can See Clearly Now

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the recent passing of Johnny Nash, the artist who wrote the popular song "I Can See Clearly Now". The participants express their sadness over the loss of such a talented and insightful artist, and share personal memories of his performances and impact on their lives. They also acknowledge the widespread influence of his music and the importance of respecting his memory.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Johnny Nash who wrote the great up-beat song "I Can See Clearly Now" a number 1 hit in 1972.

• Sad
Likes OmCheeto, atyy and Astronuc
Physics news on Phys.org
These tragic events are always so sad. A great artist whose talent and insight touched the lives of so many is gone but his songs remain until we and they fade away too.

Likes mcastillo356 and BillTre
Great song.

Likes jedishrfu and BillTre
jedishrfu said:
A great artist whose talent and insight touched the lives of so many
In ~1967, Nash performed at the elementary school I attended. I missed the performance due to illness, but my brother attended and told me about it. I thought he was joking. Nash apparently performed at many schools in the area for free.

• Wow
Likes jedishrfu
Great loss, from every point of view, as I think. Furthermore, I think everibody will agree. Few people are so ... So good.

Likes jedishrfu
Rest in peace brother Johnny Nash. Assulamalaycum wa subhanAllah!

Likes mcastillo356 and jedishrfu
God let him rest so we should respect it. Rest in peace Johnny Nash!

1. Who was Johnny Nash and what was his most famous song?

Johnny Nash was an American singer and songwriter known for his hit song "I Can See Clearly Now". He was also a producer, actor, and record label owner.

2. When did Johnny Nash pass away?

Johnny Nash passed away on October 6, 2020 at the age of 80.

3. What was the cause of Johnny Nash's death?

The cause of Johnny Nash's death has not been officially announced, but it is believed that he died of natural causes.

4. What other songs did Johnny Nash record?

Aside from "I Can See Clearly Now", Johnny Nash also recorded other popular songs such as "Hold Me Tight", "Stir It Up", and "Tears on My Pillow". He also had success with reggae music, including the album "I Can See Clearly Now" which was released in 1972.

5. What is Johnny Nash's legacy in the music industry?

Johnny Nash's career spanned over six decades and he is considered a pioneer in bringing reggae music to a wider audience. He was also a mentor to many young artists and his music continues to inspire and influence musicians today.