Judith Durham of The Seekers has died

  • Thread starter Thread starter jedishrfu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Lost Music
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 2K views
Messages
15,819
Reaction score
10,709
  • Sad
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and mcastillo356
Physics news on Phys.org
One of my mother's favourite groups, @jedishrfu, I can well recall The Seekers albums on the record player way back when. (She also introduced me to Jethro Tull and ELO and those are the ones I used to play, The Seekers were too folksy for me, compared to the likes of Thick as a Brick and Eldorado.) Still, Judith certainly had a clear, strong voice, R.I.P.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc, pinball1970 and jedishrfu
Melbourne Guy said:
One of my mother's favourite groups, @jedishrfu, I can well recall The Seekers albums on the record player way back when. (She also introduced me to Jethro Tull and ELO and those are the ones I used to play, The Seekers were too folksy for me, compared to the likes of Thick as a Brick and Eldorado.) Still, Judith certainly had a clear, strong voice, R.I.P.
She had a beautiful voice. Unpretentious.
 
jedishrfu said:
We lost another great icon of the 1960's: Judith Durham of The Seekers

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...e-seekers-australia-singer-dead-obit-1393839/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Durham

Most famous song was Georgy Girl:



and my two favorites: It Doesn't Matter Anymore and I'll never Find Another You





and the story of The Seekers as a group:


Very sad, she had a lung illness according to Wiki that eventually lead to her death.
All that beautiful music, singing with a chronic lung condition.
 
OCR said:
This was always my favorite. . .



.

A good good guy on YT analyses classic bands and vocal performance via pitch tech (sorry not something I can explain well)


Mum loved them and then so did I as I got to know them.
 
Last edited: