Juicer/blender to use whole tomato for juice?

• Thread starter triley
  • Start date
In summary: I think it's beneficial for human healthYes, straining will remove some of the tough fragments, but the juice will also be more clear.Yes, straining will remove some of the tough fragments, but the juice will also be more clear.
triley
Hello! I am thinking about making tomato juice this year and I would like to use the entire tomato. I have Early Girls and if my polish linguist survives the EB I will add some for thickening since hubby likes thick juice. I wanted to avoid peeling and seeding and thought maybe there is a blender that will pulverize these adequately for a thick juice? My MIL has a Vitamix she swears by, but she lives in another state so I cannot try hers out. I thought I would get opinions if anyone uses a blender/juicer in this fashion and how does your machine hold up?

Physics news on Phys.org
How well do any fad machines hold up? Six months to a year for any of them.

My wife is happy with her masticating juicer (Aeitto by Haier). Neither of us can decode your acronyms...

HSJ-8824 here:

https://www.aeitto.com/

1627436997019.png

Hello! I am thinking about making tomato juice this year and I would like to use the entire tomato. I have Early Girls and if my polish linguist survives the EB I will add some for thickening since hubby likes thick juice. I wanted to avoid peeling and seeding and thought maybe there is a blender that will pulverize these adequately for a thick juice? My MIL has a Vitamix she swears by, but she lives in another state so I cannot try hers out. I thought I would get opinions if anyone uses a blender/juicer in this fashion and how does your machine hold up?
@triley
I *LOVE* Early Girls, I grow them every year.

You need a juicer with a strainer if you want to make juice, not a blender if you want to use the whole tomato, otherwise you are going to have a tomato sauce.

I make juice, sauce and paste every year, and depending on what you expect the end product to be will dictate what appliance to use or how to clean/prepare the tomatoes. The Vitamix will make tomato sauce from whole tomatoes. It will not strain out the seeds or skin, which are omitted from juice, well omitted from drinkable juice. ?:)

• Informative
Likes Tom.G
@berkeman
how much time do you have this juicer?

triley said:
@berkeman
how much time do you have this juicer?
My wife just got it a couple months ago. She used a Jack Lalanne juicer for at least 10 years, but made the switch because this juicer does a better job.

Evo said:
You need a juicer with a strainer if you want to make juice,
I like pulp in my juice.

256bits said:
I like pulp in my juice.
Do you like seeds and skins and stems?

Evo said:
Do you like seeds and skins and stems?
I can eat a whole tomato with the seeds and skin, but will cut out the stem if it is too woody.
I guess I am like the OP - wondering how to juice a tomato whole.

Funny isn't it. Or even irrational.

256bits said:
I can eat a whole tomato with the seeds and skin, but will cut out the stem if it is too woody.
I guess I am like the OP - wondering how to juice a tomato whole.

Funny isn't it. Or even irrational.
I think it's beneficial for human health

Likes AlexCaledin
The HYUNDAI HYC-P2105 chopper seems chopping tomatoes quite well, one big or two small tomatoes cut in several pieces , some garlic added too. Well, with some big tomatoes, the juice needs some filtering, to remove the tough fragments. The chopped skin pieces are tiny, I never noticed them in the product, nor any garlic pieces.

hyc.jpg
- actually, this chopper is a good little (200W) cheap blender if you do not load it with nuts or other tough things. It chops dried apricots producing nice jam, too!

Last edited:
An ordinary liquidiser does the job for me, the same one has lasted a good few years being used several times per week.

I don't strain it though, it ends up as gazpacho or, more often, salmorejo

1. Can I use a juicer or blender to make juice from a whole tomato?

Yes, you can use either a juicer or blender to make juice from a whole tomato. However, a juicer will extract more liquid from the tomato, resulting in a more concentrated juice.

2. Do I need to remove the seeds and skin of the tomato before juicing?

It is recommended to remove the seeds and skin of the tomato before juicing, especially if using a blender. This will result in a smoother and less pulpy juice.

3. Can I mix other fruits or vegetables with the whole tomato for juice?

Yes, you can mix other fruits or vegetables with the whole tomato for juice. This can add different flavors and nutrients to your juice.

4. How do I clean the juicer or blender after juicing a whole tomato?

To clean the juicer or blender after juicing a whole tomato, disassemble the parts and wash them with warm soapy water. Use a brush to remove any pulp or residue.

5. Is it better to use a juicer or blender for making tomato juice?

It depends on personal preference. A juicer will extract more liquid and result in a more concentrated juice, while a blender will produce a thicker and more pulpy juice. Consider the desired texture and consistency of your juice before choosing a method.