Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just another reason why I love the internet

1. Dec 26, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

After lugging these things around for over twenty years now, I just got rid of about six hundred pounds of industrial manuals. Thanks to the internet they are no longer needed. I also realized that for the first time in my life, I can start to reduce the amount of shelf space dedicated to books and magazines.

Praise the Lord and God bless the internet!!!:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2005 #2
    You can also use the internet to sell your old books you don't need anymore.

4. Dec 26, 2005 #3

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

To someone savvy enough to buy books online, but not savvy enough to realize the manuals can accessed on-line? :rofl:

5. Dec 26, 2005 #4
    Well that's possible but I was thinking more along the lines of people who prefer to have the book instead of reading online and those who like to collect books. Not to sure just how collectible Ivan's manuals are though.

6. Dec 26, 2005 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:confused: They didn't used to be available online, which was the whole point.

7. Dec 26, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He was referring to your potential buyers. You can sell nearly anything on eBay. It's worth a try, just make sure you require the buyer to pay shipping! :rofl:

8. Dec 26, 2005 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah, the deviousness went completely over my head. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?