K X-ray photon energy of osmium in the Bohr model

  • Thread starter Thread starter StudentofPhysics
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Alpha Energy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
StudentofPhysics
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
1. The atomic number of osmium is Z = 76. According to the Bohr model, what is the energy (in joules) of a K X-ray photon?



2. ?



3. The reason I left relavent eqns blank is because I used the following:
En = -(13.6) Z^2/n^2
subtracting one from Z before squaring and converting to joules gave me an incorrect answer of En = 1.226 x 10^-14 J.

I do not believe I am using the right equation but it is the only one my book offers for this.

Please help.

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ok I found it by going through the wavelength.

Is that the fastest way?