Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics

In summary, the conversation is about finding online resources for undergraduate/graduate-level physics and math. The Khan Academy is praised for its structure and incentives, but is limited to high school level material. The MIT opencourseware is suggested as a great resource with outstanding material and video lectures. It is also recommended to read Feynman's Lectures on Physics for those interested in enjoying physics. However, it is argued that it is possible to enjoy physics without reading Feynman.
Apogee
I'm sure I'm not alone, but I personally love the way that the Khan Academy site is structured and how it gives incentives to users to continue learning. However, a lot of the material for physics and math is at a high school level. I was wondering if anybody knew of any online resources structured like Khan Academy, Brilliant, etc. for undergraduate/graduate-level physics/math.

Physics news on Phys.org
physicsodyssey said:
Tip: If you want to enjoy physics, the first thing you must do is read Feynman's Lectures on Physics.
That's a bit presumptuous, don't you think? It's entirely possible to enjoy physics without reading Feynman.

phinds said:
That's a bit presumptuous, don't you think? It's entirely possible to enjoy physics without reading Feynman.
Well its just a tip. Maybe i quoted it wrong. So: You may give Feynman a try.

Likes Apogee

1. What is the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics?

The Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics is an online learning platform that offers free educational resources for undergraduate level physics courses. It includes interactive video lectures, practice problems, and tutorials to help students understand and master various physics concepts.

2. Is the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics suitable for all undergraduate physics courses?

No, the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics covers a wide range of topics in physics, but it may not cover all the material for specific undergraduate physics courses. It is best used as a supplement to classroom instruction and textbook readings.

3. Can I earn college credits or a degree through the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics?

No, the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics does not offer college credits or degrees. It is a free online resource for self-study and review.

4. Do I need any prior knowledge or experience in physics to use the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics?

No, the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics is designed for students with little to no prior knowledge of physics. It starts with the basics and progresses to more advanced topics, making it suitable for beginners.

5. Is the content on the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics reliable and accurate?

Yes, the Khan Academy for Undergraduate Physics is developed by a team of experts and reviewed by educators to ensure that the content is accurate and up-to-date. However, if you come across any errors or outdated information, you can report it to the Khan Academy team for correction.