Sal Khan Founder of Khan Academy

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
mathdad
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
0
I am confused. A man named Sal Khan founded the Khan Academy to help struggling students around the globe academically online. Sal had a job making over $100,000 a year and decided to quit his job to teach math online for free.

Question:

Is Sal a genius? Why is it that certain people in life are born with a gift beyond the rest to understand basic concepts to the most advanced material ever put together for the sake of knowledge? Sal Khan knows calculus 3, for example, as well as you and I can add 2 + 2 to get 4. What do you make of the Khan Academy and this gifted young man?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would say he is a very smart guy who had great timing with his idea. In 2006 the internet was changing fast and those who could look forward to the standard of streaming high definition videos from almost any phone could set up a great company. For example, if you made a forum in the late 90's or early 2000's it was great timing for that as well. Now so, I would not recommend starting a new one to anyone. It's a struggling medium. I think successful people like this have great timing and understand how mediums shift.

What do you think? :)
 
Jameson said:
I would say he is a very smart guy who had great timing with his idea. In 2006 the internet was changing fast and those who could look forward to the standard of streaming high definition videos from almost any phone could set up a great company. For example, if you made a forum in the late 90's or early 2000's it was great timing for that as well. Now so, I would not recommend starting a new one to anyone. It's a struggling medium. I think successful people like this have great timing and understand how mediums shift.

What do you think? :)

I think Sal Khan is very intelligent. I agree that great timing is very important in terms of business. Khan took a big risk to quit his fabulous job making 100 grand a year to teach math for free online. It paid off when Bill Gates became a supporter of the Khan Academy.