Killer Hippies Convicted of Murder

Sure you would. Thats a LOT of meat your eliminating. People are going to need to eat something to replace that meat thats no longer available. For every 1 cow I eat, I would have to eat much more plant food to fill me up. Eating 10 salads wont fill me up, 1 steak will.

How would you replace that lost food?

Even if you stopped eating meat, that would not be a very healthy decision. There are lots of stuff you need from meat. I just like the taste of it. Personally, I'd never give up that delicious taste. Steaks, fajitas, sushi, kabobs, yummy.

Last edited:
For every 1 cow I eat, I would have to eat much more plant food to fill me up. Eating 10 salads wont fill me up, 1 steak will.
The cow ate more than 10 salads worth of grain to make that 1 steak.

Does this help?
http://boston.earthsave.org/GlobalWarming.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Aren't you young cyrus? I hope you're not stubborn already!

I like eating cows, so sue me. :tongue2:

Does this help?
http://boston.earthsave.org/GlobalWarming.htm [Broken]
I dont understand how I am supposed to interpret that website. Cows isnt even listed on there.

For ****s and giggles, compare the energy used in raising cattle to some industrial process and see if its even a drop in the global bucket of warming. I'm willing to bet its not.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
http://www.physorg.com/news4998.html

http://www.zenzibar.com/Articles/15_reasons.asp [Broken]

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archives/2006/12/would_you_stop.html

http://www.all-creatures.org/adow/cam-meat.html

MANY reasons to stop eating red meat and pork in particular.

Cyrus, you often also complain about SUV drivers. That attitude you're doing right now is no different than those driving SUVs and Hummers. I like my Hummer and I like big car... yadda yadda... you I like meat... yadda yadda.

Seriously, don't be so hard headed.

There is nothing unhealthy about eating meat Jason. Its about the quantity of meat we eat. We eat TONS and TONS of meat in our diet, too much of it.

Just cut back on the meat and eat a resonable proportion of it. Unless you have a medical condition, theres no reaosn why you shouldnt be eating meat.

Also, if you want to cut back pollution, tell India and China and other largely populated countries to stop having kids. There are far too many people in the world to begin with. That in and of itself is a major problem.

Just cut back on the meat and eat a resonable proportion of it.
In posts #40 and #47 you said you would not cut back on meat. Now you are telling us to do just that. You could have saved us all a lot of trouble you know.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
There is nothing unhealthy about eating meat Jason. Its about the quantity of meat we eat. We eat TONS and TONS of meat in our diet, too much of it.

Just cut back on the meat and eat a resonable proportion of it. Unless you have a medical condition, theres no reaosn why you shouldnt be eating meat.

Also, if you want to cut back pollution, tell India and China and other largely populated countries to stop having kids. There are far too many people in the world to begin with. That in and of itself is a major problem.
I guess what you're saying is...

Ignorance is Bliss.

The sad part is now you're running out and pointing fingers at developping countries and telling them to start over in an environmentally friendly way meanwhile you can sit there and continue your own good easy life. Oh, how nice.

In posts #40 and #47 you said you would not cut back on meat. Now you are telling us to do just that. You could have saved us all a lot of trouble you know.
Careful! I said I would not give up meat.

I guess what you're saying is...

Ignorance is Bliss.

The sad part is now you're running out and pointing fingers at developping countries and telling them to start over in an environmentally friendly way meanwhile you can sit there and continue your own good easy life. Oh, how nice.
Jason, if the world cannot support 9 billion people, it cannot support 9 bilion people. How hards that to comprehend? We need to control our population size.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Regarding breastfeeding, just a note to the youngsters out there:

I dare you to walk up to my wife and tell her that breastfeeding comes natually. Step back and protect your face.

Here is the article regarding that subject whe wrote for our local paper. I just uploaded it to her blogsite; if you want to read more about us, be my guest. Pam is an excellent writer.
http://mamaetc.blogspot.com/2004/03/breastfeeding.html [Broken]

Humans have plant eating teeth and meat eating teeth. There is no reason why a reasonably heathy diet can't include both.

Careful! I said I would not give up meat.
No you did not. I asked if you would give up or cut back. In #40 you quoted my question and answered "no". In 47 you answered the same question "nope". You never qualified that you were answering a different question from the one I asked.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you had said give up completely. -that I would not be willing to do.

russ_watters
Mentor
That's a smack in the face.
That doesn't compute - unless there are as many farm animals in the world as all other animals combined, how can they possibly produce 18% of the world's greenhouse gases?

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The article implies all cattle, buffalo, sheep, and goats. I know that in both New Zealand and Scotland, the sheep outnumber the humans.

Without a doubt we can assume that 18% is the high end of the estimate, but it doesn't seem that absurd to me.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Jason, if the world cannot support 9 billion people, it cannot support 9 bilion people. How hards that to comprehend? We need to control our population size.
We can manage 9 billion people and they are trying to control population in China so don't bring that up against them.

Of course we can't manage 9 billion people when like half of it live like morons.

Oh, I'm sorry.
Think nothing of it. My issues are from your post #35

Im glad they got sent to prison for their stupidity.
You didn't read the news story carefully either. They were not sent to prison for their stupidity and not for their veganism. It was for murder.

Vegetarianism/Veganism is all stupid IMO.
In my opinion, this is uncalled for and is the main reason I pursued this matter. Especially as you contradicted it yourself in the next sentence.

If you dont want to eat it for health resons, I can understand.

But vegatraianism/veganism is not for the health reasons I am thinking about. I am saying if your doctor tells you, no more meat. I can understand that. However, I am talking about those that think killing and eating animals is wrong because theres something special about animals that we cant kill them. Thats the vegarianism/veganism im calling stupid.

You didn't read the news story carefully either. They were not sent to prison for their stupidity and not for their veganism. It was for murder.
Oh, I know that. I was just calling them stupid. :smile:

Humans have plant eating teeth and meat eating teeth. There is no reason why a reasonably heathy diet can't include both.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Evolution is sloooooooooowww.

Just because we've been doing something for billions of years doesn't mean it's healthy for us. A billion years ago the average human lifespan was... what? 35 tops? Wouldn't be surprised if it was 25.

Ok, how many people are OVER 35 on this forum? And how many of those people live like we did a billion years ago? I'll bet the answers to those questions are, respectively; a lot, and none.

I thought you guys were scientists. Isn't it part of your religion to change your opinion when you see new evidence, and NOT just doing what we've done for billions of years? Your inherently progressive. Get with it!

That doesn't compute - unless there are as many farm animals in the world as all other animals combined, how can they possibly produce 18% of the world's greenhouse gases?
Perhaps all the other animals provide another 18%. But I doubt it. There are no modern farm methods feeding, processing, and transporting all the other animals.