Kinematics of the human canon fly zaccini

In summary, in 1940, human cannon fly Zaccini set a record by flying a distance of 53 meters. His velocity upon leaving the cannon was 24.5 m/s at an angle of 30 degrees with the horizontal plane. Using the formula x = v0^2*sin(2a)/g, we can calculate the angle to be 30 degrees and the highest point during the record to be 8.04 meters.
Newton86
as a human canon fly zaccini flied a distance of 53 meter in 1940 ( still record )
his velocity as he leave the cannon is 24,5 m/s in a angle a with thw horizontalplane

a) what is the angle ? ( 31,2 )
b) find the highest point during the record ( 8,04m)

can you set up theese tasks ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Newton86 said:
as a human canon fly zaccini flied a distance of 53 meter in 1940 ( still record )
his velocity as he leave the cannon is 24,5 m/s in a angle a with thw horizontalplane

a) what is the angle ? ( 31,2 )
b) find the highest point during the record ( 8,04m)

can you set up theese tasks ?

Do anyone know the formula ?

x = v0*cos(a)*t
y = v0*sin(a)*t - 1/2*gt^2
since when x = 53 m, y = 0
v0*sin(a)*t - 1/2*gt^2 = 0
so t = 2v0*sin(a)/g
then x = v0*cos(a)*2v0*sin(a)/g = v0^2*sin(2a)/g
sin(2a) = g*x/v0^2
plug known values and get a = 30 degrees (not 31.2 (?))
then we can find t.
highest: find y when t' = t/2

Thanks for answers
butI don't get it :(
g*x/vo^2 I get 0,88 ? ( 9,8*53/24,2^2)

And the reason for 30 degress was that I did put in wrong velocity It should be 24,2m/s

Newton86 said:
Thanks for answers
butI don't get it :(
g*x/vo^2 I get 0,88 ? ( 9,8*53/24,2^2)

And the reason for 30 degress was that I did put in wrong velocity It should be 24,2m/s

yes, but don't put 0.88 in your calculator. Just use calculator for 1/2 arcsin(g*x/vo^2) = 31.2

Yes Thanks =) I got it now=) Found a formula on the link kamerling showed, I did not use arcsin just sin.

Last edited:

1. What is kinematics?

Kinematics is the study of motion and its causes. It is a branch of physics that focuses on describing the position, velocity, and acceleration of objects without considering the forces that cause the motion.

2. What is the human canon fly zaccini?

The human canon fly zaccini is a stunt in which a person is launched from a cannon and propelled through the air to a designated landing spot. It is a dangerous and thrilling performance often seen at circuses and amusement parks.

3. How does kinematics apply to the human canon fly zaccini?

Kinematics is essential in understanding the motion of the person being launched from the cannon. By analyzing their position, velocity, and acceleration, scientists can calculate the trajectory and landing point of the person, ensuring their safety.

4. Are there any risks involved in the human canon fly zaccini?

Yes, there are many risks involved in the human canon fly zaccini. The person being launched could experience injuries from the acceleration and impact of landing. They also have to be accurately aimed and launched to avoid crashing into objects or the ground.

5. How can the kinematics of the human canon fly zaccini be improved?

The kinematics of the human canon fly zaccini can be improved by using advanced technologies such as computer simulations and motion tracking systems. These tools can help in accurately predicting the trajectory and landing point of the person being launched, reducing the risks and ensuring a successful performance.