1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kirchoff's law help with circuits

1. Oct 17, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The circuit to the right consists of a battery (V0 = 26.0 V) and five resistors (R1 = 211 Ω, R2 = 682 Ω, R3 = 363 Ω, R4 = 534 Ω, and R5 = 465 Ω). Find the current passing through each of the specified points. The Circuit http://i.imgur.com/4JSIHdG.png all I need to find is Ih Ic If

2. Relevant equations
    I=v/r
    kirchoffs law
    3. The attempt at a solution
    At first I found the R equvilance of the whole circuit to find the whole circuits Current. Then I used the current value to find how much voltage the Requvialnce of R2345. Then I found Ih by using I = v / r5 and that came out to be 20.43 and that was correct. However When I tried using the values R4 and R2 in the equation to find Ic and If the ansers were wrong. Im assuming youre suppose to use kirchoffs law but unsure how any help would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2015 #2
    Nevermind I figured out the solution. The problem was I didn't realize multiply currents were running through B.(two currents from r4 & r5) I was only assuming one current was running,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted