Kissinger's very strange remarks

• News
  • Thread starter Nommos Prime (Dogon)
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary: Let's not be naive here. Dr. Kissinger is a war criminal and a snake. He doesn't deserve our respect.
Nommos Prime (Dogon)
What do people make of the following quote, attributed to Kissinger? It reminds me of Ronald Reagan's comments regarding an extraterrestrial threat to Earth(which he made at the UN, around about the same time as this).

"Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order [referring to the 1991 LA Riot]. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond [i.e., an "extraterrestrial" invasion], whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."
- Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the interpretation is reading too far into a poorly constructed statement about how easy people are to manipulate.

"...individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."

Kissenger has never been a friend of liberty.

Swap ET for Osama

I agree HAVOC. Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Prize for genocide.

To me, Kissinger’s comments are haunting.
It seems like an “extraterrestrial” scenario was simply swapped for a “terrorism” scenario. After all, Osama Bin Laden, his terrorism “network” and Saddam’s “weapons of mass destruction” seem to be more elusive than any “alien” of “UFO” has ever been. In fact, I think that more hard evidence of UFOs/aliens exist than ANY SHRED of evidence to back-up the current terrorism fairy stories.
Swap ET for an Arab with a beard who worships Allah, make him out to be hell-bent on destroying the American way of life. Yeh, who needs ET when you can create an arch-villain out of thin air?

There is nothing extra-terrestrial implied by Kissinger's remarks, poorly worded or not. The word "beyond" is the poor word choice confusing you (and others, as I've seen the quote with the same interpretation inserted into it in other places on the net).

This is not only a restatement of Goebbel's statements from WWII, but is also the plot of the 1980's cult classic cartoon Robotech, as well as a plot element of the brilliant graphic novel Watchmen.

Come on guys...

1. What were Kissinger's strange remarks about?

Kissinger's strange remarks were about his views on the United States' relationship with China and the current state of global affairs.

2. When did Kissinger make these remarks?

Kissinger made these remarks during an interview on a television program in March 2021.

3. What was the reaction to Kissinger's remarks?

The reaction to Kissinger's remarks was mixed. Some people found them intriguing and thought-provoking, while others found them controversial and concerning.

4. Did Kissinger clarify or defend his remarks?

Yes, Kissinger later clarified and defended his remarks, stating that they were taken out of context and that he stands by his belief in the importance of US-China relations.

5. How do Kissinger's remarks impact his legacy as a diplomat?

Kissinger's remarks have sparked debate and criticism, but they do not significantly impact his legacy as a diplomat. His past actions and contributions to international relations will continue to shape his legacy.