Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Know a bit more about petro-dollars

1. Jan 10, 2006 #1
    know a bit more about "petro-dollars"

Think this is the right place for this thread but please move it if needs be wise mentor person.

Just watched a really interesting programme about a conspircay theory on the iraq war. Just wanted to know abit more about "petro-dollars" but i havent got time to search the web for it. Thanks people.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

4. Jan 11, 2006 #3
    Thats quite interesting, i'm absolutely useless with economics but last night the tv programme claimed that if the Oil was sold in euro's rather than the dollar then it could bankrupt America. That seems abit far-fetched to me but does that sound possible to anyone out there?

5. Jan 11, 2006 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

It's far-fetched, but there would indeed be noticable impacts. It's probably less now because the dollar (as far as ive noticed when i was even able to notice) has been gaining strength vs. the euro.

6. Jan 12, 2006 #5
    Is this thread really boring enough for only you to reply to it?

7. Jan 12, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

My penguiny stench is scaring people off. You'd probably get 100x more responses if you toss this in P&WA so we can hear how Bush is to blame for something related to it.

8. Jan 12, 2006 #7
    yea, think i will dump it in the politics section for a laugh, try and cause a fight.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?