Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kucinich to file articles of impeachment against Cheney

1. Apr 24, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Kucinich_set_to_announce_Articles_of_0424.html

I can only hope that his motives are sincere and that this is not intended solely as a means to political gain.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2007 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One thing about this guy that does make sense. I don't agree yet but I need to think about it more. He argues that Cheney was the biggest offender in spreading false claims, which is true. He also argues that we certainly don't want to impeach Bush if Cheney is VP, which God knows that IS true. And finally, maybe he implied this or perhaps it is my own idea, but this is somewhat a compromise between those like me who want Bush & Cheney thrown out, and those who feel that this would be too traumatic and too much a distraction to be in the nation's best interest. The problem that I still have is that the law is based on precedence, and this admin cannot be allowed to set precedence for future admins. The entire Bush admin must ultimately be viewed as an aberration and a Constitutional abomination.

4. Apr 25, 2007 #3
    Ivan,

DK makes a lot of sense on many issues, including this one. Bush is a dupe, maybe delusional, maybe not, but incompetent in every instance he has been employed. He in a year could not dream up what Cheney thinks in a day. And so impeachment of Bush makes no sense at all. The real assasin is then free to roam. A dbl impeachment would be nigh impossible. To me it makes sense to remove the offender first, rather than the puppet.

5. Apr 25, 2007 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I guess no matter what happens afterwards, we want Cheney out first.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?