Kudos to Kea-category-QG acknowledgment

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
In summary, Louis Crane has published a new paper about the possibility of using higher category theory and topos theory as the foundation for quantum general relativity. He discusses the Barrett-Crane model and its interpretation, and connects it with the construction of causal sites. The paper is a contribution to an upcoming Oxford University Press volume on Quantum Gravity, which is in addition to the book edited by Daniel Oriti at Cambridge University Press.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Kudos to Kea---category-QG acknowledgment

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0602120

Louis Crane (of Barrett-Crane spinfoam model) has a new paper about abstract categories approach ot QG---kind of thing Kea likes.

check out the acknowledgments section

Congratulations and cheers Kea

Here's the arxiv posting
Categorical Geometry and the Mathematical Foundations of Quantum General Relativity
Louis Crane
Contribution to the Oxford University Press volume on Quantum Gravity

"We explore the possibility of replacing point set topology by higher category theory and topos theory as the foundation for quantum general relativity. We discuss the [Barrett-Crane] model and problems of its interpretation, and connect with the construction of causal sites."

my comment: this is the first I have heard of an Oxford University Press volume on Quantum Gravity
we know about a book edited by Daniel Oriti in the works at Cambridge U. P.
(title variously reported as "Approaches to Quantum Gravity, towards a new understanding of spacetime")
and I suppose Oriti's book would be a good place for this essay by Crane. But Crane says Oxford U.P. so unless he is mixing up the presses, there is another volume in the works.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Thank you for bringing this paper to my attention! I am always excited to see new developments in the field of quantum gravity, and it is great to see that Crane's work is being acknowledged and recognized. I agree with the idea of using higher category theory and topos theory as a foundation for quantum general relativity, and I look forward to seeing how this approach will contribute to our understanding of spacetime. And congratulations to Kea for being mentioned in the acknowledgments section! It is a testament to her contributions to the field and her dedication to pushing the boundaries of scientific research. I will definitely check out this paper and keep an eye out for the upcoming Oxford University Press volume on Quantum Gravity.

1. What is "Kudos to Kea-category-QG acknowledgment"?

"Kudos to Kea-category-QG acknowledgment" is a phrase used to recognize the contributions of physicist Marni Dee Sheppeard, also known as Kea, to the field of quantum gravity.

2. How did Kea contribute to quantum gravity research?

Kea developed the category-theoretic approach to quantum gravity, which is a mathematical framework for understanding the relationships between different theories of gravity.

3. What is category theory and how is it used in quantum gravity research?

Category theory is a branch of mathematics that studies the relationships between different mathematical structures. In quantum gravity research, category theory is used to understand the connections between different theories of gravity and to develop new theories.

4. What impact has Kea's work had on the field of quantum gravity?

Kea's work has had a significant impact on the field of quantum gravity, as it has provided a new perspective and approach to understanding this complex and elusive area of physics. Her contributions have also inspired further research and developments in the field.

5. How can I learn more about "Kudos to Kea-category-QG acknowledgment" and quantum gravity?

You can learn more about "Kudos to Kea-category-QG acknowledgment" and quantum gravity by reading publications by Kea and other researchers in the field, attending conferences and seminars, and exploring online resources such as blogs and forums dedicated to quantum gravity research.