Kurdt retiring as PF mentor, Micromass promoted

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
41 replies · 9K views
Greg Bernhardt said:
$15 per ban
If I'm bad, do I get to stay gold without paying the $15 upgrade fee?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
congratulations micromass! let it be known that I was his friend wayy before he was officially cool...
 
Wow. Well-deserved, Micromass. I just noticed your new badge!

Do you get a hat along with the badge and (ban) gun?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
$15 per ban

Aha I knew it! :bugeye: I'm be keeping an eye.

Ryan_m_b said:
Not to mention the tip jar button that I have next to my name on every post.

You guys are hilarious lmao.

D H said:
Several times what you get paid as a regular member. Here's the PF salary formula: Denote the base salary paid to all regular members as $B. Homework helpers get paid $B×100; SAs, another factor of 100; mentors, yet another factor of 100. Multiply those factors and, yep, we mentors are paid a million times the puny salary that you receive (zero is an admittedly tiny salary by anyone's scale[/size]). The luxury life of a mentor is quite fantastic!

Wow! You guys must be living it big huh? I can imagine you people sipping the finest wine in your Jacuzzi with an array of women as you write these posts.
 
Thanks, Kurdt, for your help and good mentoring! Good luck.

And congratulations, Micromass!
 
Thanks for your amazing work as a mentor Kurdt !
Congratulations Micromass for being promoted to mentor ! :smile:

I think there is one more member who deserve to be promoted to mentor - tiny-tim .

I also think that it would be better that members are promoted to mentors by voting. Correct me if I am being unreasonable.:redface:
 
sankalpmittal said:
...

I also think that it would be better that members are promoted to mentors by voting. Correct me if I am being unreasonable.:redface:

Being a mentor is a pretty big deal and has enormous implications on the quality of the forum. If the election process were left up the the average forum-goer, I fear it would be more of a popular vote, and that would not be good. Even though the mentors of PF are likable, sometimes the best person for the job isn't the most popular. :smile: This is evidenced by Micromass's recent appointment; I mean, really, who likes that guy?Totally kidding. Micro, you're freaken awesome. /wink
 
Last edited:
Dembadon said:
Being a mentor is a pretty big deal and has enormous implications on the quality of the forum. If the election process were left up the the average forum-goer, I fear it would be more of a popular vote, and that would not be good. Even though the mentors of PF are likable, sometimes the best person for the job isn't the most popular. :smile: This is evidenced by Micromass's recent appointment; I mean, really, who likes that guy?By the way, Micro, you're freaken awesome. /wink


Huh? What's a micromass?

I agree. /wink
 
Dembadon said:
Being a mentor is a pretty big deal and has enormous implications on the quality of the forum. If the election process were left up the the average forum-goer, I fear it would be more of a popular vote, and that would not be good. Even though the mentors of PF are likable, sometimes the best person for the job isn't the most popular. :smile: This is evidenced by Micromass's recent appointment; I mean, really, who likes that guy?


Totally kidding. Micro, you're freaken awesome. /wink


This is why democracy doesn't work! PF is a meritocracy. That said, I feel really said now for missing this topic for so long. Congratulations Micromass!
 
Dembadon said:
I mean, really, who likes that guy?
I do. :-p