Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latent Heat of CAS No. 4719-04-4

1. May 24, 2013 #1
    I'm hoping someone can help me find information on this, I've been searching to no avail for it. I need to know the latent heat of 2, 2', 2" (Hexahydro-1,3,5-triazine-1,3,5-triyl)triethanol CAS No. 4719-04-4 at P = 480 Psig, T = 150°F. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some info on this?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2013 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Have you asked librarians for help? They often know tricks that mere mortals do not.

4. May 24, 2013 #3
    I have not, I'm at work doing an internship at an Engineering firm and was asked to find the latent heat of vaporization of the molecule I listed. I know it's an alcohol but not much besides that since I am not too advanced in my Chemistry understanding. I'm not sure if there is some tables that Chemists/Chemical engineers use with such information for this, sort of like the tables us Mechanical Engineers use steam tables for. Thanks for your help though.

5. May 24, 2013 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

There are tables, but they don't necessarily cover everything. And librarians at science (read: university, or large firms with a huge R&D depts) libraries usually know how to look for these things using databases like Scifinder.

Have you tried chemspider.com?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook