Leader Dots in the Table of Contents

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter A.Magnus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Table
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
A.Magnus
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
I am writing a thesis using a LaTex template given to me by my school. Everything looks fine, except there is an issue with the table of content. As you could see from the attached image, it is missing the leader dots connecting the title names to their respective page numbers. Unfortunately, the folks at my school do not know how to fix it. I am quite adept in using LaTex but I am not a guru. I would therefore love to have some of you telling me on how to fix the problem. Thank you beforehand for your gracious helping hand and time spent. ~MA

PS. The codes are also attached here, let me know if you need additional info on code. In the meantime, Happy Holidays!

View attachment 6302

Code:
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{times}
\usepackage[margin=2in,left=1in,right=1in,bottom=1in,includefoot]{geometry}
\usepackage{setspace}
\usepackage{array}
\usepackage{amsthm,amsmath,amssymb}
\usepackage[english]{babel}
\addto\captionsenglish{%
  \renewcommand{\contentsname}{\centerline{\normalsize \normalfont TABLE OF CONTENTS}}%
}

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[english]{babel}

\usepackage{changepage}

\begin{document}

}
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{\numberline{}\normalfont ABSTRACT}
\pagenumbering{roman}
\setcounter{page}{3}
\cleardoublepage
}

\end{document}

View attachment 6300
 
Attachments
  • ScreenShot_LaTex-TOC.PNG
    ScreenShot_LaTex-TOC.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 191
Physics news on Phys.org