Letters of recommendation from non-native English speakers (US schools)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
PhizKid
Messages
477
Reaction score
2
When applying as a transfer to a 4-year college from community college, is there anything detrimental about this? I don't want to be insulting and ask him to get someone to proof read his letter of recommendation, but he's not exactly a Nobel laureate or NAS member so I'm afraid if his letter is not well written clearly in English, it might affect the admissions committee. Will it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have any specific reason to expect bad english?
Anything good enough for a publication should be fine for a letter of recommendation, I think.
 
all his publications seem to be non-English as far as what's on his public resume. whenever we communicate via e-mail, his emails aren't very fluent and neither is his speech.