1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Liquid oxygen expansion in vaccum

1. Dec 9, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

There are 2 containers.Outside temperatue is -190 degree celcius.(boiling point of liquid oxygen is -180 degree celcius).One is filled with vaccum and can have a minimum height of 6000m and other is filled with liquid oxygen (1140 kg/m3 density) at -190 degree celcius which can have a miximum height of half the height of the other container.Both have 1m x 1m base.I want to know how much liquid oxygen should be put in the vaccum container so that when it occupies the entire vaccum container it is distributed nearly equally at both upper and lower half [and not like that it has more mass at the base and very few at the top].[Inside vaccum container it would form gas as its boiling point woul decrease].
    Please reply....
    I need this answer for a national level competition..
    Thanks

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2013 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Even for a national level competition, you must do your own work. Even if the answer won, I doubt you would share the prize with PF.

4. Dec 11, 2013 #3
    Its not that answer to this question will get me a prize but it is a difficulty i am facing theoretically.So i want to clarify it before i start working on this project practically.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted