List of metals or alloys with fatigue limit

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
TheAzn
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I know that steel and titanium have fatigue limits.

Just to clarify, metals or alloys with fatigue limits are metals that - as long as they experience pressures that lower than the limits - can last "indefinitely".

Aluminum, for example, does NOT have a fatigue limit. No matter how small the forces, they will add up over time and the aluminum will disintegrate.

I know that some people do not consider fatigue limits to be real, but just assume that it exists for now.

Are there any other types of metals or alloys that can be considered to have "fatigue limits"?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Sounds more of an engineering or material question than chemistry.
 
Borek said:
Sounds more of an engineering or material question than chemistry.
True, I will try that sub-forum instead.