Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Localization of the nerve problem by nerve conduction test

1. Jul 5, 2015 #1
    Given that we know the affected root and dermatome, can the nerve conduction test be used to localize the site of the nerve problem? I mean can it tell the distance of the pathology compressing on the nerve from the skin surface?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2015 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Please post at least one study in a peer reviewed journal where this is discussed so that we do not have to guess what you mean. Thank you.

And members, please do not post guesses, let the OP post what he means.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  4. Jul 5, 2015 #3
    I asked a specific question and I don`t have any reference for the answer which why I asked the question. If you have a specific answer (yes or no) just post it.

5. Jul 5, 2015 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No, you need to post a suitable reference for the question you are asking. Which nerve conduction test, there is more than one. It is for you to tell us exactly what you are asking, it is not for us to guess.

I have agreed to the following post.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  6. Jul 5, 2015 #5
    I am interested to know if a signal processing technique can tell the location of the nerve impingement or compression from processing the nerve conduction test (NCT) signal. MRI sometimes fails to answer where the exact site of the compression along the nerve is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook