1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Logic/cs:where to look for examples?

1. Feb 6, 2007 #1
    Hi - I have homework like:

Let A and B be finite sets of cardinalities m and n, respectively. You may assume m and n are positive integers but you may not assume any ordering of m and n. 1. How many relations are there from the set A to set B?

I'm to arrive at a solution to this question logically, you know, show all the logic, but I'm not sure where to begin. I took a logic course about a year and a half ago and I admit I'm a bit rusty on it.

I purchased Velleman's How to Prove It and have been working through it in order to get up to speed; should I keep studying this book or look somewhere else?
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2007 #2
    I guess I answered my own question; there is plenty of stuff on the net plus I had a book from years back, Epp's Discrete Mathematics, 2nd; plus I reviewed the earthly-professor's commentary on the homework and I don't think he requires deductive reasoning with symbols (we may use prose).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?