Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Logical proofs: Empirical evidence for constant gravity in the past and future

1. Aug 29, 2012 #1
    Hello everyone. I'm a first time poster, but a long time lurker. I don't have a degree in physics, but I have always held the discipline and all its branches, near to my heart.

A little background on the question. I got into an argument with a friend of mine about faith in religion and faith in science. He argues the following:

I brought up gravity and it being a constant across space and time in order for our universe to be in the condition it is today.

I think I may have backed myself into a corner. I know there is a way around what he is saying, but I just can't come up with it! Logic has never been one of my strong points :cry:

Any help?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2012 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This thread does not meet the minimum requirements to post in this section. Please be sure to read both sets of rules stickied at the top of the Philosphy forum. Rules must be followed when posting.

Tell your friend he doesn't know what science is and leave it at that. Arguing with someone that has such a basic misunderstanding of science is a waste of time.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook