Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for assistance on writing project

1. Sep 16, 2015 #1
    I'm looking for assistance in designing an alien race, for lack for a better term. I'd like insights from people familiar with biology etc. Where is the best place to post such a question and follow up questions? Or is such a discussion entirely inappropriate for this forum? Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

I moved your thread to science-fiction and fantasy so folks following that forum will see your post.

4. Sep 16, 2015 #3
    Thanks. I thought the purpose of that thread was for already existing material ...

5. Sep 16, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

No, I think people use it for discussing story ideas too. I may be wrong in which case someone will move your thread yet again.

6. Sep 16, 2015 #5

Ryan_m_b

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

The science fiction forum is for discussion of existing material however there is a subforum within it for science fiction writing. I have moved the thread there. If anyone is unclear the rules for the science fiction forums can be found here:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/science-fiction-and-fantasy-forum-rules.680313/

7. Sep 18, 2015 #6
    So what kind of race and what kind of questions do you have? If you list of set of criteria that you'd like your species to have I'm sure the community could come up with some ideas of how it'd work.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook