Looking for learning resources - Precalc 12

• Thread starter Sn0man
  • Start date
Does anyone know where I might find some learning resources on expansions/compressions of graphs - in particular, taking the compressions/expansions/translations and writing the function?

I'm finding this very counter-intuitive and have gone over all the material I have on the subject for the course but i'm still struggling with it. I've tried to find something for this on the Khan site but no results when I did the search. So if anyone knows any great resources for learning this i'd appreciate it.

Answers and Replies

Does anyone know where I might find some learning resources on expansions/compressions of graphs - in particular, taking the compressions/expansions/translations and writing the function?

I'm finding this very counter-intuitive and have gone over all the material I have on the subject for the course but i'm still struggling with it. I've tried to find something for this on the Khan site but no results when I did the search. So if anyone knows any great resources for learning this i'd appreciate it.
Try the first link of the forums labeled "Learning Resources".

Try the first link of the forums labeled "Learning Resources".
That was the first place I looked.

Sorry about that, my phone froze.

I checked the label and saw a pretty small inventory. When I had trouble learning trigonometry, I went on youtube and watched them do 2 or 3 examples.

You visually see what they refer to as they explain the concept. Usually, they're less than 10 minutes videos and you'll get more out of it than texts.

Sorry about that, my phone froze.

I checked the label and saw a pretty small inventory. When I had trouble learning trigonometry, I went on youtube and watched them do 2 or 3 examples.

You visually see what they refer to as they explain the concept. Usually, they're less than 10 minutes videos and you'll get more out of it than texts.
Good idea - i'll give it a look and see if I can find something on there.

Thanks

lol ucd