Looking for LQG Lecture Notes? Check out Hanno Sahlmann's Crash Course!

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Course Lqg
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Undergraduate level notes would be excellent. I find that I don't have the time to really get into LQG at a serious level because of the very technical presentations to date. Haha, I would love something at a reasonable level mathematically without gobs of philosophy.
 
Ok, Iv'e sent him an email, and he said that he will send me his LN when they will be in a better shape than now.

PM, you can email him as well.

I think it's superb there is such a course, but I think there should be more places offering such courses, ofcourse in places where there are LQG researchers.

At least for BSC upto MSC level.
 
Definitely ask him for notes. I'm about to enter my grad studies, and I'd like to some day do some work in the area, so this would be invaluable to me.
 
Physics Monkey said:
Undergraduate level notes would be excellent...

I agree. I hope that as soon as anyone finds out that Jorge Pullin's notes are available, they will share the information.

In the meantime, some familiar with classical relativity---the Palatini and Holst formulations of GR, for instance---could look at Hanno Sahlmann's 20 page "crash course" coverage of LQG:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1001.4188

He starts at a fairly high classical level, but he's clear, straightforward. Uses pictures. A young guy who just made faculty at Karlsruhe, I believe.
 
Last edited: