Looking for online video/photo editing courses

• Courses
  • Thread starter TheMacNerd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Courses
In summary, the conversation is about the person looking for free photography and video editing/production courses that offer a certification upon completion. They mention searching on Google and websites like Coursera and Alison, but not finding satisfactory results. The other person suggests a specific course on Udemy that offers a certificate at the end, but also advises the person to have examples of their work to show to potential employers.
TheMacNerd
Hi,

So I'm looking for free ideally photography and or video editing/video production courses that ideally give out a certification upon completion of the course to share the certification with employers. I've been googling some courses and looking on coursera and alison but I'm not getting that good results. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
How about this course?

https://www.udemy.com/video-production-bootcamp/?utm_content=_._ag_course_._ad_246984260140_._de_c_._dm__._lo_9028292_._&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkpfWBRDZARIsAAfeXaoi9Q1I24iHH78J9NxwBb9Oa32kupV4u7fGwW3aV2eLmHkLAZlWnj8aAu5TEALw_wcB&utm_source=adwords&utm_campaign=NEW-AW-PROS-NONP-Photo-VideoProduction-EN-ENG_._ci_1027180_._sl_ENG_._vi_NONP_._sd_All_._la_EN_._&matchtype=e&utm_term=_._pl__._pd__._ti_kwd-406782789113_._kw_video%20production%20course%20online_._&utm_medium=udemyads&k_clickid=59dce0e9-c890-4cd5-9c8c-7d116e2d8dfd_408_GOOGLE_NEW-AW-PROS-NONP-Photo-VideoProduction-EN-ENG_._ci_1027180_._sl_ENG_._vi_NONP_._sd_All_._la_EN_.__course_video%20production%20course%20online_e_246984260140_c

There's a certificate at the end although I think you should prepare some examples of your work to show any prospective employer.

1. What are the benefits of taking online video/photo editing courses?

Online video/photo editing courses offer a convenient and flexible way to learn new skills from the comfort of your own home. They also allow you to go at your own pace and tailor your learning experience to your specific needs. Additionally, online courses often provide access to the latest software and techniques, as well as the opportunity to connect with a community of fellow learners and industry professionals.

2. How will taking online video/photo editing courses improve my skills?

Online video/photo editing courses provide in-depth instruction and practice in various techniques and software programs, allowing you to develop a strong foundation of skills and knowledge. These courses also often include hands-on projects and assignments that allow you to apply what you've learned, helping you to develop your skills further. Furthermore, online courses often offer access to feedback and critiques from experienced instructors, which can help you to refine your skills and improve your work.

3. What types of video/photo editing courses are available online?

There are a variety of online video/photo editing courses available, including introductory courses for beginners, intermediate and advanced courses for those looking to improve their skills, and specialized courses for specific software programs or techniques. There are also courses available for different areas of focus, such as video editing, photo editing, or both. It's important to research and choose a course that aligns with your specific goals and needs.

4. How long does it take to complete an online video/photo editing course?

The duration of online video/photo editing courses can vary depending on the specific course and your own pace of learning. Some courses may be completed in a few weeks, while others may take several months. It's important to check the course syllabus and schedule to get an idea of the time commitment required.

5. Are there any prerequisites for taking online video/photo editing courses?

Most online video/photo editing courses do not have specific prerequisites. However, some may recommend prior knowledge or experience with certain software programs or basic photography/videography skills. It's important to read the course description and requirements carefully to ensure you have the necessary knowledge and equipment before enrolling in a course.