1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for some order to learn algebra

1. May 14, 2017 #1
    i have some confusions with some terms ,especially terms like simplify , solve .
    Factors ,GCF ,LCM

Should i start learning it like this ?
    Simplify fraction
    Simplify Algebraic expression
    Simplify Algebraic fractions
    Solve Algebraic equations

?

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2017 #2

FactChecker

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The looks ok to me. You might look at Schaum's Outline of Elementary Algebra to see what they do.

4. May 14, 2017 #3
    Thanks a lot :)

5. May 14, 2017 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

@FactChecker's suggestion is a good one, IMO.

The list above is a rough start, but most of the divisions are too broad to be very helpful.
    We could include with "simplify fraction" these operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of rational expressions. Simplifying algebraic fractions usually means removing common factors from the numerator and denominator, and these depend on knowledge of factoring and least common multiple.

"Algebraic expression" could include lots of topics, including linear and quadratic expressions, rational expressions, expressions with radicals, expressions with exponents, and lots more.

"Algebraic equations" likewise includes many subtopics.

6. May 14, 2017 #5
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions Mark44 ,
    I was trying to download some texts from this website

http://ncert.nic.in/textbook/textbook.htm

You can freely download the ncert indian syallbus based text books from Grade 1 to Grade 12 for free

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted