Looking for Someone Strong in Analysis

In summary: I think I fixed the links, but if not let me know. Thanks!Yes, I got to the document and the exercises. I think I fixed the links, but if not let me know. Thanks!
benorin
Homework Helper
Insights Author
TL;DR Summary
TL:DR-glancing proofread my note please?
Are you strong in analysis? I need a favor please? My go to Analysis advisor (fresh_42) is unavailable for now, I was hoping one of you might help me please:

This (it's the top sticky post in this sub-forum) is my insight article I've recently re-written and have shortened quite a bit. You don't need to read Appendix A, I'm confident that it's ok. But I wouldn't mind a second pair of eyes on the solutions to exercises for sections 4&5 please? I've drastically reduced the reading chore if you don't mind giving it a glancing once-over? Constructive critique is welcomed (you may post it here or on the comments page)?

Thanks a lot,
-Ben

Physics news on Phys.org
Where are exercises? Post needs clarification.

Likes benorin
The Table of Contents is hyperlinked, there are two links (near the bottom) for the answers to sections 4&5
ToC highlight.png

Edit: The formulas are known results so I didn't need to be overly rigorous in my outlines of proofs, so please don't worry so much about justifying the interchange of limiting operations.

Thanks @mathman

Hyperlinks repeat link list, .

Likes benorin
Interesting. On the preview spawned by the editor they work fine. I'll need to fix that but for now search in page (Crtl+F) "Footnotes" and scroll up from there should land you near the end of the article, you'll need the formulas from section 2 tho as well. It's just one long web page so you can just scroll to wherever the ToC is the correct order.

what browser you using? The links should work in Chrome

I just checked they also work in Safari. Are you using a laptop or a phone to view? Laptop is much better

benorin said:
what browser you using? The links should work in Chrome
I tried it with Chrome. All I get is a new page with a copy of the hyperlink list.

Likes benorin
Can you try scrolling through the document? At least until I fix the hyperlinks? Sorry I tested that feature on my laptop and phone and they all worked properly. Idk why it’s failing on your end?

There was no document to scroll through. All I got was a repeat of the link list.

I have one web page (the insight, some version of it) where the links work correctly in the ToC, a preview from the editor that the links in ToC bring up an error page. This is what I have in the editor rn

insight_ToC.png

This^ is the bookmark.

Insight_S0 anchor.png

This^ is the anchor in the body of the insight.

These two function as desired when I open a preview from the editor, also if I just point a browser to the published article it also works there. The link to the section 1 exercises doesn't work and it was made in the same fashion and this baffles me.

But mathman says there's no article there at all which is weird. Is he/are you perhaps looking at the comments page? IDK what else that could be. IDK if either of you have access to the Advisor subforum, but we discuss how to create these links https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/how-do-i-create-intra-document-links.1012277/post-6600188. The last post is what I most recently used to "fix" my intradocument links. This is the link from that last post in case you can't access that thread:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-easily-add-anchor-links-in-wordpress-step-by-step/

Sorry should have mentioned you need to click the "Continue reading..." at the bottom of the first post on the info page to get to the document.

@mathman Did you get situated (I mean get to the document and the exercises)?

1. What does it mean to be strong in analysis?

Being strong in analysis means having the ability to break down complex problems or data into smaller, more manageable parts and then using critical thinking and logical reasoning to understand and solve them.

2. Why is it important to have strong analysis skills?

Strong analysis skills are important because they allow us to make informed decisions based on evidence and data, rather than relying on assumptions or emotions. It also helps us to identify patterns and trends, make predictions, and find solutions to problems.

3. How can one improve their analysis skills?

One can improve their analysis skills by practicing regularly, seeking feedback from others, and continuously learning new techniques and methods. It is also helpful to break down problems into smaller parts and approach them systematically.

4. What are some examples of jobs that require strong analysis skills?

Jobs that require strong analysis skills include data analysts, financial analysts, market researchers, business consultants, and scientists. These roles involve analyzing data, identifying patterns and trends, and making data-driven decisions.

5. Can analysis skills be learned or are they innate?

While some people may have a natural inclination towards analysis, it is a skill that can be learned and improved upon through practice and training. With dedication and effort, anyone can develop strong analysis skills.