Looking for Soviet era texts similar to MIR publishers

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 4K views
shmwot
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
The books from MIR publishers just seem so hardcore
I loved a lot of the books, most of the introductory mathematics I learnt is from Russian texts. Any recommendations y'all for cool books around the time or rare texts in general
My college has a nice library and I just want to read everything I can lol
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I can recommend two Mir books
Physical Paradoxes and Sophisms by Lange
The Portrait of a Crack by Finkel

Venetsky’s “Tales Abouts Metals” and “On Rare and Scattered Metals” are fun.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: shmwot, Lnewqban and berkeman
Frabjous said:
I can recommend two Mir books
Physical Paradoxes and Sophisms by Lange
The Portrait of a Crack by Finkel

Venetsky’s “Tales Abouts Metals” and “On Rare and Scattered Metals” are fun.
Just got the copy of the book by Lange, looks like a very fun read! Thanks for the suggestions:)
 
Depending on your level, you might enjoy Zeldovich’s “Higher math for beginners” and “elements of applied mathematics”
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby and shmwot
Kiselev and pogorelov

Krotov and Irodov for physics
 
Frabjous said:
Depending on your level, you might enjoy Zeldovich’s “Higher math for beginners” and “elements of applied mathematics”
Ooh just skimmed through them, really cool stuff! now I know what to study for the next few weeks lol
Tysm!