Low tuion fees for bachelors of physics

In summary: Graduate school is a much more affordable option, since there are more options available for financial aid, and stipends, while not universal, are common.No i am looking for without foods and accommodation only tuition fees in between 10,000-15,000 us dollarsThen there are more options. As I said, any community college would do, as would some state schools. I'm in CA, and the CSU system would be within your price range, but the UC system would not.I think people don't really distinguish between tuition and fees, both have to be paid right?Then there are more options. As I said, any community college would do, as would some state
Bradwast88
hai friends i hope to get my bachelors in either theoritical physics or physics with astronomy.So is there any uni in EU or USA or Canada which offering 10,000-15,000 us dollars per year i am a international student by the way. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
The US doesn't really have many options. A precious few *do* give financial aid to the top international students, but other than that, the options are slim.

Community colleges would probably be a good option for your first two years. Tuition is in the range of $5K per year for an international student. Four-year state schools are probably closer to your range of $10-15K, but I suspect that you wanted to eat during your studies.

Graduate school is a much more affordable option, since there are more options available for financial aid, and stipends, while not universal, are common.

No i am looking for without foods and accommodation only tuition fees in between 10,000-15,000 us dollars

Then there are more options. As I said, any community college would do, as would some state schools. I'm in CA, and the CSU system would be within your price range, but the UC system would not.

I can't help but think that local options probably give an equivalent education for less money though.

TMFKAN64 said:
Then there are more options. As I said, any community college would do, as would some state schools. I'm in CA, and the CSU system would be within your price range, but the UC system would not.

Yup, CSU is cheap.

http://www.csufresno.edu/catoffice/current/fees.html for example. Although the budget situation in California is blowing up and tuition increases and admission freezes are looking to be very serious right now.

Thanks a lot!

The budget situation works in the OP's favor though. Get a few more international students coming through who pay the big bucks!

Most of the Canadian Universities are in that range (once you factor in the difference between US and Canadian $). Differential tuition (because you're international) is somewhere between 100-200% of domestic tuition (that's what you pay on TOP of what the Canadians / permanent residents will pay).
http://www.canadian-universities.net/Campus/Tuition-Fees.html

High quality education with not so bad living costs.

All of Swedens education is free even for foreigners, but undergraduate studies are usually in Swedish. Most masters and upwards are taught 100% in English though.

TMFKAN64 which CC is in the range of $5K per year for international in CA? I'm in Riverside and paying $210 per credit hour.

TMFKAN64 said:

I can't help but think that local options probably give an equivalent education for less money though.

UCLA's tuition fee (without the extra fees) is about 8K dollars annually.

> UCLA's tuition fee (without the extra fees) is about 8K dollars annually.

Yeah, but they charge 8k+ of fees.

colonelcrayon said:
> UCLA's tuition fee (without the extra fees) is about 8K dollars annually.

Yeah, but they charge 8k+ of fees.

Yeah, I know that, but apparently the OP is just concerned about the "main" tuition fee

Bradwast88 said:
No i am looking for without foods and accommodation only tuition fees in between 10,000-15,000 us dollars

thrill3rnit3 said:
Yeah, I know that, but apparently the OP is just concerned about the "main" tuition fee

I think people don't really distinguish between tuition and fees, both have to be paid right? :P

ahmadmz said:
TMFKAN64 which CC is in the range of $5K per year for international in CA? I'm in Riverside and paying $210 per credit hour.

I just estimated this from my local CC: http://www.deanza.edu/international/admission.html#cost, thinking others would be similar. I'll quote:

"It is $1,716 per quarter based on 12 units (full time) quarterly, or $5,148 per year for three quarters."

As for UCLA: http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/fees/fall09fee.htm. For a non-resident, the manditory fees (no housing or food) would be $10,606.71 *per quarter*.

Last edited:
Mount Allison, Saint Francis Xavier and Acadia are all within the range you specify, as well as being among the 4 best "primarily undergraduate" universities in Canada, according to Maclean's.

1. What is the average cost of tuition for a bachelor's degree in physics?

The average cost of tuition for a bachelor's degree in physics varies depending on the school and location, but it typically ranges from $20,000 to $50,000 per year.

2. Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for students pursuing a bachelor's degree in physics?

Yes, there are various scholarships and financial aid options available for students studying physics at the undergraduate level. Many universities offer merit-based scholarships specifically for physics majors, and there are also external scholarships and grants that students can apply for.

3. Can I get a job in the field of physics with a bachelor's degree?

Yes, a bachelor's degree in physics can lead to various job opportunities in fields such as research, engineering, data analysis, and education. However, many positions in physics require a higher level of education, such as a master's or doctoral degree.

4. How can I save money on tuition for a bachelor's degree in physics?

There are a few ways to save money on tuition for a bachelor's degree in physics. One option is to attend a public university in your state, as they typically have lower tuition rates for in-state residents. Another option is to apply for financial aid and scholarships to help cover the cost of tuition.

5. Is there a difference in tuition fees for online programs vs. traditional on-campus programs for a bachelor's degree in physics?

Yes, there is often a difference in tuition fees for online programs compared to traditional on-campus programs. Online programs may have lower tuition rates since they do not require students to be physically present on campus, but it ultimately depends on the specific school and program.